STEP ONE — Set Up the iPad
- Open a new iPad and follow the on-screen set up instructions. Be sure to use the customer’s AppleID - never your or the store's AppleID. In the rare situation where a customer does not have an AppleID, follow the prompts to create a new AppleID for them.
- Note – Wi-Fi is necessary for iPad and Spirio app set-up, so be sure Wi-Fi will be available on delivery.
STEP TWO — Download the Spirio App
- Go to the App Store, search for Steinway Spirio, and download the free Steinway Spirio app.
STEP THREE — Activate the Spirio App
- Open the Spirio app and enter the unique Spirio customer ID (each customer is given a unique ID which your manager should create at Spirio Dealer Website prior to delivery).
- Do not reuse a Dealer ID or Technician ID – they should receive a unique Customer ID.
STEP FOUR — Load the Spirio App
- After you enter the unique ID and basic customer information, the music will load in the app. This will take several minutes, depending on Wi-Fi speed.
STEP FIVE — Connect to your Spirio | r
- In the Spirio app, tap on Settings in the lower left corner.
- Next, tap on “Piano Connection” from the Settings menu.
STEP SIX — Connect to your Spirio | r (continued)
- Tap on your Spirio piano listed under “Available Pianos”.
- Once connected, return back to “Settings” and tap on “Piano Settings” from the Settings menu.
STEP SEVEN — Set up Wi-Fi
- Tap on “Connect Piano to Wi-Fi Network”.
- Slide the toggle to the on position next to “Enable Piano Wi-Fi, then select your desired network from the list below “Choose a Network”.
- Follow instructions to enter your Wi-Fi password.
Spirio|r is now connected and ready to play!
STEP ONE – Connect your Spirio | r to the monitor
- Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the control box under the piano.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the monitor
- Power cycle the piano (unplug from electricity, wait 60 seconds, reconnect to electricity)
STEP TWO – Play a video
- Tap a video in the Spirio app and it will play on your external montior.
A Note on Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi is a critical part of Spirio|r demonstrations and functionality. While not necessary for music playback, a strong WiFi connection for the iPad and piano is critical because:
- Allows for remote troubleshooting
- Allows for easy iOS and Spirio App updates
- Access to the Spirio Spotlight page
- Access to the in-app Help section
- Fast troubleshooting (including the “Sync Now”, Sign Out, and app delete/re-install)
Guidelines for in-store Wi-Fi:
- 25 Mbps is the recommended minimum required upload and download speeds for proper Spirio | r function
- To determine your upload and download speeds, run a test at www.speedtest.net. We suggest testing at or near the Spirio.